Samstag, 12. August 2017

Day 4.2. Project Day 1.

About some really pleasant things!

I've already mentioned that I'm really getting surprised by the local transport and absolut chaos on the roads. Another important talent which you can master only here is an ability to cross the roads, which represents an uninterrupted car stream. It's pretty easy. Breathe deeply, close your eyes, stretch your hand to the traffic letting them know that you've planned to go and step into the stream of cars and motorcycles. Oh, and don't forget to beg all the Gods to stop this stream. We've tried. It's working.




Also I started to discover exotic fruits for me. Everything is soo exotic that I didn't know the names of most of them and couldn't even remember them. At home I googled the names and found top 25 fruits one should try in South-East Asia. Out of this list I've tried pitaya (dragon fruit, flavour is not that intensive, at first I didn't like it but after that it tasted really good), mangosteen (sooo delicious, sweet-sour, very tender), carambola (very juicy, crunchy, not quite intensive flavour) and small yellow bananas (oh, this flavour we know from our childhood, they are sold as dried bananas in our shops. I loved them as a child!).  

Oh, actually. So that you don't get envy one can hardly find here apples, pears, peaches and apricots which are so common for us. And out of all the berries the Indonesians tried only strawberries.


The local cuisine is mostly based on rice, fried chicken, rice, tofu, fried rice, eggs and ... rice. And sometimes noodles. For a while I give up my healthy eating principles )) But it's really delicious even when sometimes quite unexpectedly spicy. I can't remember the names, if you are really interested google has lots of information to offer. I just rely on the picture) Anyway you never know how it is going to taste. 

By the way. One meal costs 2-3 euro per person. With a drink! But there's no good coffee here =( Not bad. At least I can try to give up drinking coffee ))) And they have very good ice tea. And coconut milk =)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen